I knew changing my name would be a process once the wedding was over, but I wasn’t prepared for the confusion that came along with it.
I did tons of research, but couldn’t seem to find a go-to guide for changing my name. To save you the hassle, here’s my go-to guide for Georgia gals ready to change their last name…
Step One: Social Security Card
- Georgia Gals: find your social security card application HERE
- Locate your Social Security office/hours HERE (& yes, you have to go in person)
- Make sure you bring your marriage certificate and your driver’s license
- I didn’t know this beforehand, but apparently you can make an appointment at the social security office – save yourself the miserable hour wait!
Step Two: Driver’s License
- Take your new social security card and old drivers license to the DMV
- CLICK HERE for more info on how the license process works
Step Three: Everything else…
- Once you’ve got your new SS card and driver’s license and you can begin updating all of your other accounts
- A few things to remember:
- Bank Accounts
- Credit Cards
- Lease Agreement