Hi there… I’m back, finally!
My absence from blogging has been due partly to the craziness of my final semester of college and if I’m being honest, also partly due to the fact that my thoughts have been consumed with the anxiety of my unknown future.
From Christmas break until about a 4 days ago my every thought and prayer has been consumed with “what’s next?”
Although I planned for my future probably more than any other person I know, I still had no idea what the next steps were. But finally, my future plans are slowly but surely falling into place and I’m able to process all that this season of my life has taught me. So here are a few quick highlights:
- Some things in life simply weren’t meant to be easy. They are meant to be tough for the sole fact that God wants us to lean into him.
- Life’s not about pursing MY dream, it’s about living into my God-sized dream. When our dreams seem to be falling apart it might be because our dream isn’t the one we were created to live out.
- There are two kinds of clocks. My clock, which ticks VERY quickly and then there’s Gods clock, which is ALWAYS on time.
- There are really, really good people in this world. This season has revealed to me how blessed I am to have so many cheerleaders in my life and people willing to help, if only I will ask! I fully intend to pay it forward.
- One last thing, several months ago during a panicked conversation about my future an incredible role model of mine simply told me, “Matthew 6.” Since then I’ve prayed these words over and over again, “Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?” Moral of this story – no matter what it is, don’t worry because as long as we pursue God’s kingdom, He’s GOT THIS!
Now, lucky me right? I finally got an incredible job opportunity and life is looking pretty good. But, I know very well that this is certainly not the last time I will feel scared, confused, anxious or worried. However, this season of my life has strengthen my faith beyond measure so that the next time life throws me a curve ball I can stand on the rock – that is much higher than any of these troubles.